I could give you a list of probably 20 reasons, but here are my top five reasons:
1) It grows the people in your church. It disciples the people in your church. It grows them closer to God. It grows them more like Christ. The tithe challenge, even though we think of it as a stewardship or financial campaign, is really about discipleship.
2) It cultivates new givers. There are 5 types of givers in each church – extravagant givers, obedient givers, regular givers, initial givers, and non-givers. The tithe challenge helps cultivate new givers out of the non-givers.
3) It moves current givers to become full tithers. In the same way that the Tithe Challenge moves non-givers to new givers, it also progresses initial givers to regular givers, and regular givers to obedient givers, etc.
4) It brings in men. I think most of us know intuitively that it’s often the ladies who are more willing to give. A tithe challenge brings balance to the male to female ratio of giving, can bring harmony in the home where a female wants to give but the male doesn’t and vice versa.
5) It forces YOU to grow. It forces you to learn, to develop new skills, and get out of your comfort zone. If you’re going to grow, you have to try something new. The tithe challenge gives you something new to implement. And as you grow, so grows the church.
Your partner in ministry,
P.S. For more information on how to conduct your own Tithe Challenge, be sure to pick up my BRAND NEW resource, How to Conduct a Tithe Challenge, THIS WEEK only to receive $1,095.95 worth of resources for only $199.00 or two payments of $119.00!
In this comprehensive resource, How to Conduct a Tithe Challenge, you will discover:
- How to double the number of tithers in your church!
- The nuts and bolts of implementing a successful tithe challenge
- How to increase the obedience level of your congregation
- How to conduct each stage of a Tithe Challenge including preparation, communication, and follow-up
- What time-frame works best for a successful challenge
- How to implement the challenge from the stage and through small groups
- How a Tithe Challenge impacts every one of the 8 systems of a healthy church
- How to measure the success of your Tithe Challenge
PLUS – the first 100 Senior Pastors will receive my Stewardship Sermon Series!
This collection of five messages is a powerful tool to help you teach your people what the Bible says about giving.
AND THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY, you will also receive these bonus resources:
- The Stewardship Seminar ($99.95 value)
- How to Lead Your Church During the Financial Crisis ($29.95 value)
- Money Matters in Church ($29.95 value)
- Debt Free Pastor ($39.95 value)
- And TWO FREE MONTHS in my Renegade Pastors Coaching Network (normally $99/month)
Share This Post