As we gear up for summer first-time guests, here is a great reminder on what NOT to do in welcoming them, from Ben Reed, the small groups pastor at Long Hollow, a multi-site church in the Nashville, TN area.
- Our pastor isn’t normally this ________.
- We’re full. Sorry.
- What are you doing here?
- You can’t serve now … you’ve got to be a member first.
- We don’t believe in serving coffee on Sunday mornings.
- What’s your address? I didn’t catch it on the first six forms I had you fill out.
- You want to join a small group? You’ll have to wait until next fall
- Here we just care about the Truth. If you don’t like it, you can leave.
- Here are the 38 things we do each week as a church.
- Next time, could you make sure to wear ________.
To read this post content in its entirety, click here.
Your partner in ministry,
P.S. For more tips and tools on how to welcome your first-time guests this summer – and keep them coming back – pick up my best-selling resource, The Assimilation Seminar, for just $25 between today and Tuesday, May 20th. Click here to learn more.
Share This Post