I recently read an article from The Barna Group called “Reading Habits of Today’s Pastors”. This article takes a look at one of the most reading professional groups– us pastors! Here are some interesting statistics the article touches on:
- Pastors buy 3.8 books per month per person—92% of whom buy at least one book per month—adding up to between 8 million and 13 million books per year!
- Less than one-third (29%) of American adults (non-pastors) buy more than 10 books in the course of a year.
- What are the most popular topics pastors shop for? Spirituality, theology and leadership are the major topics followed by prayer, history, cultural trends and church practice.
So, this leads to a few questions for you:
- How many books do you buy per month?
- Do you have a system for effective reading? (see tomorrow’s post for more)
- What if you could double or even triple your reading rate? (again, see my blog again tomorrow)
Your partner in ministry,
Share This Post