In order to plant a healthy church, you have to know that you are undeniably called by God. Period. So do you know for sure that God has called you to start a new Church?
Understanding some sources of improper calling may be helpful as you reflect on your answer. There are dozens of sources of improper calling, but here are the ones I see most frequently:
- Anger or resentment toward another pastor
- Disgruntled staff
- Easier than searching for an existing ministry position
- Parent or grandparent started a church
- It’s the “in” thing
If you think you may have allowed an improper reason, voice, or emotion to the idea of starting a new church, back away now. Spend some more time with God. Seek the advice of someone in ministry who knows you can can help you gain some perspective.
On the other hand, when you know that you have been called by God, you can act boldly and decisively in any situation. The first year of a new church is not easy. Often, the assurance of your calling is the only thing you have to stand on, so making sure you’ve been called is absolutely crucial.
Over the next 4 days, I am going to share with you the 4 Calls of a Church planter.
BUT FIRST, SOME NEXT STEPS FOR YOU:
1) Sign up now for my One Day Church Planting Launch Conference coming to Orlando on July 12 OR Los Angeles on Sept 19.. This is THE conference where I will teach you step by step how to Launch a new church and Launch large. Rates as low as $29 per person.
2) Join me for a FREE 75-minute Webinar on “The Top 3 Church Planting Mistakes” this week at many convenient times this Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Participate from the comfort of your home or office (all you need is a computer with speakers or headphones and internet access – no phone line or long distance required).
God’s vision for your church’s impact is far larger than yours. By learning to identify and avoid these mistakes in your new church, you can cooperate with Him to reach more people, faster than you ever thought possible!
I hope to see you in person at the Launch Conference, online for the webinar, or back here to tomorrow for part 2. Know that I’m committed to doing everything possible to help you launch your new church for God’s glory.
Share This Post