When it comes to staffing your church for maximum impact, one of the keys to getting the right person for the position is to promote the opening properly.
In other words, you’re not looking for someone who is ready to “jump ship” at the first opportunity. The person you want is going to be performing right now, making a difference in their current role (either in the marketplace or at another church).
So you need to be able to help them see why coming on your church’s staff is going to give them a chance to take the next step… to put it bluntly, you need to help them see “what’s in it for them.”
In my efforts to improve my own recruiting, I recently received an email that is a good example of how to write a successful recruiting ad.
It’s not from the church world, but there’s a lot we can learn from this email:
Affiliate Manager Wanted!
If you want to:
- Jump-start your Internet marketing career . . .
- Learn the online marketing business from the inside out . . .
- Get personally mentored by two well-known experts in the field . . .
- *Skyrocket your income to six figures faster than you ever dreamed possible . . .
This could be the lucky break you have been waiting for!
Dear Aspiring Internet Marketer,
Recently, two leading organizations have joined forces to become the leading Information Publishers in the field of business building and strategic entrepreneurship.
We are looking for an Affiliate Marketing Manager to join our team.
How would you like to be mentored by the entire team and work with us on the most exciting projects we have ever had?
It will be the opportunity of a lifetime. You will get to learn online marketing business from the ground up. Plus you will be working with some of the biggest and BEST affiliates to grow YOUR income.
You might be the person we are on the lookout for if you are willing to:
- Work Your Butt Off: Full disclosure . . . you will be locating, recruiting, managing and cajoling affiliates until your fingers are sore, your voice is horse and your brain is numb – and then you’ll have to do it some more. It’s no walk in the park.
- Do Whatever It Takes: To persuade website owners, bloggers and email list owners to join our affiliate program and promote our products and services day in and day out.
- Live, breath and sleep our philosophy and mission.
- Live or Move to South Florida: This is an in-house position. Our office is by the beach and we are surrounded by some of the most successful information publishing and direct marketing companies in the world.
But that’s not all . . .
You need to possess the following characteristics:
- First class networker – Are you a world-class connector with tremendous people skills?
- Reliability – Are you dependable, resourceful and an experienced self-starter?
- Accountable – Do you follow through, meet deadlines and take ownership of your work?
- Positive mental attitude – Do you have lots of energy, common sense, manners and the willingness to go the extra mile?
And most importantly, we are looking for someone who is self motivated and can sell well. You will need to be able to sell the BENEFITS of being one of our affiliates in your sleep.
OK – still interested?
Here’s what you need to do to apply . . .
Send an email to: [email address]
You must send a cover letter detailing why you are a GREAT candidate. Remember this letter is your opportunity to shine. Please include your resume.
All resumes must be received by [deadline].
That’s it – pretty simple.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Notice how this ad clearly lays out:
- What’s in it for the potential applicant
- Why this is a great opportunity for them
- An honest depiction of what the job entails
- Who would be a good fit
- How they should respond
How can you use these same principles to recruit the right candidates next time you’re hiring?
P.S. For nearly six hours of proven staffing truths (about recruiting, hiring, managing and “de-hiring”), check out The Staffing Workshop:
Share This Post