Today’s guest post comes to us from Hal Seed, the Founding Pastor of New Song Community Church and church planter. Hal has helped launch a church planting movement that has planted 163,000 churches in the past fifteen years.
My favorite comedian these days is Jeff Foxworthy. He’s famous for his long list of “You might be a redneck … ” jokes. (“If you’ve ever made change in the church offering plate, you might be a redneck.”)
Last week, I was training a group of church planters when the thought occurred to me, I’ll bet there’s a bunch of funny church planter lines like that. So I put together a list. It turns out, there’s not much humor in it. Church planting is the serious work of heaven. There’s plenty of laughter and joy in it, though.
So, with a nod to Mr. Foxworthy, here are 15 ways to know if you might be a church planter:
1. If you love dreaming about what could be for God, you might be a church planter.
2. If you can’t stand the thought of lost people going to Hell, you might be a church planter.
3. If you like lost people as much as or more than you like found people, you might be a church planter.
4. If you know the exact population of the city you live in, how many of them go to church and how many don’t, you might be a church planter.
5. If you love leading people to Christ, you might be a church planter.
6. If you like taking risks, you might be a church planter.
7. If you’re willing to ask others to pray for you and support your dream, you might be a church planter.
8. If you can persevere when all Hell breaks loose, you might be a church planter.
9. If you realize you started all sorts of new things when you were a kid, you might be a church planter.
10. If your wife is committed to risking and reaching out, you might be a church planter.
To read the entire article and the remaining five points, click here.
Your partner in ministry,
P.S. – I love church planters and I want to help you start your new church healthier and more effective than you thought possible! In fact, I’m so serious about helping you that I’d like to give you over $149 in Church Planting Resources – FREE!
Share This Post