Ministry Tips from Nelson
- Remember: One day you’ll present your flock to the Good Shepherd as the evidence of your work on this earth.
- Accountability leads to protection. Know what you expect of volunteers and lay leaders, and hold them accountable to those expectations.
- The best way to protect your people is to set up checkpoints of accountability for those climbing the ranks of leadership in your church
- Protecting your flock may be your greatest responsibility as a shepherd. Take intentional steps to protect those entrusted to you.
- How should you feed your flock? Teach them the Bible, lead them to pray and get them involved in small groups with other believers.
- If you fail to connect your people to significant ministry, you are robbing them of the opportunity to grow.
- Help every person in your flock identify and get plugged into a volunteer role where he or she can flourish and the church can benefit.
- God wants all of your people to be actively engaged, serving in an area of ministry he has gifted them for.
- As the shepherd of your flock, it’s your responsibility to keep the evangelistic temperature of your church boiling hot.
If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. – John 12:26
God’s best to you,
Share This Post