Perhaps the most profound equation I’ve ever heard regarding stewardship in a local church is that stewardship equals discipleship. I first heard Randy Alcorn say it. but since then I’ve heard others mention this concept — it is impossible to to become a fully developing follower of Christ without also becoming a fully-developing steward of his resource.
In other words my stewardship of what God has entrusted to me, my time, talent, treasure, and testimony. Here we are mainly talking about treasure. But my stewardship of what God has entrusted to me is directly related to my discipleship.
Having spiritual habits (attending church, serving, fasting, etc.) is not enough. If I don’t have proper stewardship of my resources, then it’s going to hinder my growth.
Not only does the Tithe Challenge grow Christians, but it also grows non-Christians. We all know the very famous passage from Malachi 3 where God says, “Test me in this and let me prove that I exist, and see if I will not throw open the windows of heaven and pour our so much blessing that you simply cannot hold it.”
That passage applies equally to believer and non-believer. I feel that the tithe challenge is a challenge that non-Christians will often accept as well–especially if they are in trouble with their finances.
Non-Christians have tried what the secular financial folks say. They’ve tried managing their money the worldly way and that’s led to all kinds of problems inside of their life. They come to church, and they’re looking for alternatives.
Once they get the tithe right, then their budget falls into place, expenses come into alignment, and then you get God’s help in your life. This is what non-Christians are looking for!
Your partner in ministry,
P.S. For more information on how to conduct your own Tithe Challenge, be sure to pick up my BRAND NEW resource, How to Conduct a Tithe Challenge, THIS WEEK only to receive $1,095.95 worth of resources for only $199.00 or two payments of $119.00!
In this comprehensive resource, How to Conduct a Tithe Challenge, you will discover:
- How to double the number of tithers in your church!
- The nuts and bolts of implementing a successful tithe challenge
- How to increase the obedience level of your congregation
- How to conduct each stage of a Tithe Challenge including preparation, communication, and follow-up
- What time-frame works best for a successful challenge
- How to implement the challenge from the stage and through small groups
- How a Tithe Challenge impacts every one of the 8 systems of a healthy church
- How to measure the success of your Tithe Challenge
PLUS – the first 100 Senior Pastors will receive my Stewardship Sermon Series!
This collection of five messages is a powerful tool to help you teach your people what the Bible says about giving.
AND THROUGH FRIDAY ONLY, you will also receive these bonus resources:
- The Stewardship Seminar ($99.95 value)
- How to Lead Your Church During the Financial Crisis ($29.95 value)
- Money Matters in Church ($29.95 value)
- Debt Free Pastor ($39.95 value)
- And TWO FREE MONTHS in my Renegade Pastors Coaching Network (normally $99/month)
Share This Post