It’s October 2 so its time to start thinking about your 3rd Quarter Giving Statements.
I haven’t written our third quarter letter yet but I will post it here as soon as I do (for a sample of my 2nd Quarter Giving Letter click here). The obvious issue to address in the letter is the ecomony. My letter will be a letter of hope and encouragement. I suggest you do the same.
Here’s items you can start thinking about and preparing for as you get ready for your 3rd Quarter Giving Statements:
– The financial statements (make sure all giving data thru September 30 is entered).
– The inserts (what are you going to put in with the letter. Could you use the letter to promote a November series or an upcoming special event).
– An offering envelope (always enclose one that your givers can mail back to your office. Do you need to get some printed?).
– Auto-debit forms (it’s not too late to get this set-up; call you bank today. You can take them our auto-debit form to show them what you want to do – download it here)
– A speciality item (A pen for example, gives your letter bulks and encourages people to open your letter. We sent a tin of mints with our second quarter giving letter. Your letter is a waste if no one opens it).
– The mailing envelope for the packet (will it be a regular envelope or a custom envelope. I suggest you avoid window envelopes).
– Postage (you might consider doing this mailing via first class mail so you’ll receive the address updates from the postal service for anyone who moves. This will help you clean up your database).
And finally, there’s your target mail date. When will the letters/packets go into the mail. I’m planning for ours to hit in mid-October.
I hope this helps you prepare. I gotta run…I’ve got a giving letter to write!
P.S. For my complete thoughts on a Stewardship System, check out The Stewardship Seminar and my collection of Stewardship Sermons by clicking here.
Share This Post